"Mas huni" is a traditional Maldivian dish made from grated coconut mixed with chili and other spices. It is typically eaten as a side dish or as a filling for roti, a type of flatbread.
Here is a recipe for you to make Mas Huni at home:
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- 2-3 dried red chilies
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine grated coconut, dried red chilies, onion, garlic and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Taste the mixture and adjust the seasoning as per your taste.
- You can eat it as a side dish or use it as a filling for roti or other bread.
- Enjoy your homemade Mas Huni!
Note: you can also add some lime juice for more flavor